To be considered for admission to the Master of Arts degree in Nonprofit Leadership, Global Cultures, and Social Enterprise students must:
- Have a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate study.
- Have a high degree of potential for advancement to an organizational leadership role.
- Have an ACM minimum TOEFL score of 90 on the non-native language proficiency test if the student is an international applicant.
How to Apply
Begin the online application:
Go to the MSU Office of Admissions Application Management website to complete the online admissions application. Under Graduate Degrees, click on Start a graduate application. A nonrefundable application fee is required.
College: College of Arts and Letters
Major Preference: Nonprofit Leadership, Global Cultures, and Social Enterprise (Masters)
Complete all sections of the application:
- In the online application, there is space to upload a “personal statement” and an “academic statement.” Please use the prompts found in this PDF document to complete your personal and academic statements.
- Upload resume or CV.
- Request 3 letters of recommendation from your references from academic or professional contacts who can attest to your potential for success in this graduate program. Once you submit the application, your letter writers will receive an email with instructions for submitting their letters through the online system.
- Submit official copies of official university or college transcripts. If you completed your undergraduate degree at MSU, you do not need to submit official MSU transcripts. Transcripts from other institutions need to be submitted through an official e-scripting service. The certified PDF can be emailed to email@example.com.
Once you have finalized all sections, please submit your application fee ($65 domestic and $75 international).
You can log into the student portal to review your application status, by going to https://explore.msu.edu/apply/. Choose Returning Users: Log In.
NOTE: This program does not require GRE scores.
What happens after I submit my application?
Admission to the Nonprofit Leadership GNL M.A. program requires a four-step review process:
- Completed application packets are submitted to the program’s Admissions Committee for review.
- Credentials will be forwarded to the MSU Office of Admissions for final review and approval.
- Accepted students will receive an admission letter from the MSU Office of Admissions approximately one month after your application has been submitted. You will hear from a program academic advisor shortly after you receive your acceptance letter.