Emerge as a Nonprofit Leader
Prepare to thrive in careers across the nonprofit sector with Michigan State University’s Nonprofit Leadership, Global Cultures, and Social Enterprise Online M.A. and Graduate Certificate Programs. A graduate degree or certificate from MSU prepares current and emerging nonprofit leaders by expanding your perspectives and arming you with practical skills and knowledge needed to navigate your roles within the everchanging and evolving work of nonprofits.
Our professional degree programs train and empower nonprofit leaders to tackle local and global challenges through an ethical lens while building intercultural competence and knowledge of human and ecological systems. Our courses offer guidance on how to contribute to an organization that is more diverse, equitable, and inclusive for all workers.
What We offer
Individualized attention from highly credentialed, engaged and award-winning faculty, staff, and advisors.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
Exceptional courses and opportunities to help you master vital skills and knowledge for your career in the nonprofit world and to create your nonprofit organization.
Offered 100% online and asynchronous through unique five-week course sequences.
How it Works
- Flexible 5-week course structure
- Small class sizes enable personalized attention
- Diving deeper into technical skills, like grant writing and mastering legal frameworks
- Internships with promising nonprofits
- Cultural immersion and a greater understanding of human behavior through religion
- Focus on social enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Choose between a Master of Arts or Graduate Certificate depending on your educational path
What You’ll Learn
- Mastery of nonprofit legal and regulatory frameworks
- Nonprofit leadership practices
- Personal development skills and competencies
- How to be a more effective driver of social change
- Global, cultural, and religious knowledge in a nonprofit or philanthropic context
- Engaged grant writing
Who Is Right for This Program?
- Professionals looking to grow their nonprofit network, develop stronger technical skills, and become a more well-rounded and culturally sensitive leader.
- Current and emerging nonprofit professional seeking to gain practical skills and knowledge needed to navigate their roles within the everchanging and evolving work of nonprofits.
- Those seeking to enter the nonprofit sector or those pursuing the idea of starting a nonprofit organization.
Master of Arts
Fully online and asynchronous, and designed to provide a meaningful educational experience for future and current nonprofit leaders.
Add a credential and expand your nonprofit network through targeted skills-based coursework and global religion courses that increase your cultural competency and knowledge of DEI.
Begin your application today, or contact Dr. Jennifer Marcy for more information!